American Pacific International School (referred to as APIS or the School) respects the privacy of its students, parents, staff, community members and visitors to its website and campus. Personal data is collected by APIS for the purpose of supporting the operations of the school. All collection, use, disclosure, or processing of data is undertaken in compliance with Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act 2019 (“PDPA”). Personal data may be used by APIS before, during or after a student’s enrollment with the school.
The following policy sets out how APIS will use and protect the information you provided to us.
Types of Information Collected:
- Personal details and demographic information (name, contact details, gender, nationality etc.) when registering your child with us for enrolment, signing up for activities, for services, applications to other schools, seeking employment or submitting an enquiry via the website or other channels etc
- Responses to surveys for research purposes to improve our services
- Text, images and film from school-related activities, and enquiries and comments via the APIS School website, Seesaw Portfolios and various APIS social media outlets
Purpose of Data Collection:
- Maintain regular communication channels for updating student progress and disseminating information regarding school programmes to you in a timely manner
- Administration, statistical analysis and intervention in the event of medical or pastoral counselling requirements
- Review strategic plans, academic policies and guidelines
- Management of security and risk
- Provide education services, track progression of students and evaluate student’s suitability for a course
- Market research
- Internal and external audits
- Regulatory reporting and compliance
- Analysis of information to improve and develop the School website
Confidentiality of Information
Right to Access/Rectify
The rights which you may have under applicable data protection legislation are:
- Right to be informed – be informed of how we are processing your Personal Data
- Right of access – right to request access to information about you that we hold. (Note that certain data is exempt from the right to access – including information that identifies other individuals or any confidential reference given for the purpose of the education, or employment of an individual)
- Right to correction – have your data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure – allows you to be able to request the erasure of personal data in some circumstances (when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected or you have withdrawn your consent). The right to erasure is not an absolute right and the school reserves the right to maintain needed data (discipline for a student or employee).
- Right to restrict processing – the right to request the restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, where you have told us the data is inaccurate and we are in the process of verification)
- Right to data portability – allows you to receive personal data that you have provided us in a structured, commonly used machine readable format. It also allows you the right to request us to transmit this data to another controller.
- Right to object – allows you, in certain circumstances, to object to the processing of your personal data.
You may at any time withdraw any consent already given, or deemed to have been given under the PDPA, for any purpose when giving reasonable notice to APIS.
The School may from time to time update the Personal Data Protection Policy in line with legal or practice developments. If you have any questions, please contact our School’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com