Who We Are
APIS, as a community, passionately educates, inspires, nurtures and maximizes each students potential to become a global citizen and a happy life long learner.
Students will graduate from APIS as empathetic, self-reliant, internationally minded citizens
Community: Working together to create an environment that supports one and all
Diversity: Acceptance and appreciation of people and their beliefs
Responsibility: Accountability for our actions towards others; committed to treating all with respect and integrity
Balance: In mind, body, and character
2020 - 2026 APIS School-Wide Goals
Growing Students: focusing on Assessment, English Language Learners, and Resources.
Growing Staff: Improving staff retention and professional growth that best support student learning.
Connecting With Community: purposeful communication with our stakeholders and the greater community.
Building Residential Life: Build upon the quality program, that results in additional enrollment.
Supporting Programs: focused on the needs for delivering the PYP, MYP, and DP.
Expected Student Learning Results
APIS graduates will have the following Expected School Wide Learning Results in that they will be:
- display initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively
- make reasoned, ethical decisions based on clear thought processes.
- communicate effectively in English
- work cooperatively effectively and collaborate with others willingly
- acquire and routinely demonstrate ICT skills and use new technologies as they become available.
- acquire and apply independent inquiry, research, and learning skills
- appreciate the beauty of their world, exhibit natural curiosity, and a love of learning which can be sustained throughout their lives.
- acquire and apply knowledge of concepts, ideas, and issues that have local and global significance across a broad and balanced range of subjects.
- assess and understand their strengths, weaknesses, and limitations in order to support their learning and personal development.
- act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness, justice, and respect for the dignity of the individual, groups, and communities
- take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.
- show understanding and appreciation of their own cultures and personal histories and are open to the perspectives, values, and traditions of other individuals and communities
- show empathy, compassion, and respect for the needs and feelings of others
- have a personal commitment to service and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
- approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainties with confidence, courage, and forethought
- have the independence of spirit to explore new roles, ideas, and strategies
- understand the importance of intellectual, physical, and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and others.
We Believe Learning Best Occurs When:
- The classroom environment is a positive, safe, and inspiring place, where students are happy, confident and develop the courage to become life-long learners.
- Learning targets are specific, measurable, timely, relevant, and personal; standards, benchmarks, and expectations are clearly defined.
- Classroom instruction is inquiry-based, student-centered, differentiated, and scaffolded to ensure student success.
- Classroom activities are cooperative, challenging, skill-building, and reflective; allowing students to realize their own learning potential and set goals.
- Assessment is directly aligned to learning targets.
School experiences draw upon prior knowledge and foster new learning so that students can make “real world” connections, build school community and contribute globally.
We believe that both our Day and Residential students should be encouraged to strive for excellence and to develop a life-long enthusiasm for learning, and by fostering self-discipline, independence, responsibility, good manners, and respect for others they will be able to adapt to the changing demands of the modern world.
Through participation in community service projects, our students learn to share their energy and special talents while developing awareness, concern, and the ability to work cooperatively.
The school aims to develop a strong and harmonious home-school partnership. Parent involvement in the life of the school is actively encouraged.
Students of all nationalities and religions are welcome to apply for admission